Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A New Blog!

Greetings to each of you who finds yourself reading my words! I am beginning a new blog with the beginning of my life of ministry! Well, it is not true to say that this is merely the beginning... rather it is the beginning of a new chapter of ministry in my life: ministry as passion and ministry as vocation.

Next week, I will begin an internship at the Ginghamsburg United Methodist Church, where I will be working with the counseling ministry as well as some of the outreach ministries. It will be an exciting time as I grow into the woman that God has planned for me and as I live out the commandment to "serve one another in love." This blog will contain my experiences, reflections, and thoughts regarding ministry and the experience. I pray that my words might be a blessing to someone, and to share a story of God's work in one young woman's life. I pray that God will break my heart with the things that break the heart of God as I work this summer, and that I will come to see my place in all that occurs around me. I hope that throughout my experience in ministry this summer, and for the rest of my life, I will seek justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with my God. I pray that I will become a voice for those without one, a hand reaching out to those who are ignored, and a heart open to hear another's experience.

Blessings, grace, and peace,

Lorrin

No comments:

Post a Comment